BALDWIN ESTATES OWNERS CORP.
- No Shareholder or Lessee shall make or permit to be made any disturbing noises in the building or common areas or do or permit anything to be done which will interfere with the rights, comfort or convenience of other Shareholders or Lessees. This includes using a computer, playing any musical instrument, phonograph, radio or television or stereo within the unit between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. if this noise disturbs or annoys other occupants of the building. Except in an emergency, NO construction or repair work or other installation work, which involves noise, shall be conducted in any unit between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. In addition, NO construction or repair work can be performed on Saturday & Sunday.
- No article shall be hung from the walls, roof, decks or windows. However, second floor decks may have flower containers hung from them providing the containers are securely fastened.
- No awnings, window air conditioners or fans shall be used in or about the building except if they have been approved in writing by the Board of Directors or the managing agent, Total Community Management, nor shall anything be allowed to project out of any window or any portion of the building without similar approval.
- No sign, notice or advertisement shall be inscribed or exposed on or at any window, door or other part of the building or any other area of the Baldwin Estates property. This will include political endorsement signs, "For Sale" and "For Rent" signs, garage sale signs, tag sale signs, open house signs and other signs of this nature. However, a single security company sign professionally printed and no larger than 16" in diameter and no higher than 3' off the ground is permitted provided it is not affixed to the building and is staked into the bed area in front of the unit. In addition, No vehicle parked on Baldwin Estates property can display For Sale signs.
- No mopeds, bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, strollers, baby carriages or other wheeled items shall be allowed to stand in public areas, including the patios or decks, without the consent of the Board of Directors.
- Garbage is scheduled for pickup each Monday and Thursday at 6:00 a.m. and, should these days fall on a holiday, the following day. Garbage cans are required and should be placed with a closed lid at curbside at night before to insure pickup the following morning. Recycle bins are to be used to dispose of paper product throwaways such as: newspapers, magazines, etc. Papers must be tied and / or bound to avoid the scattering of said paper. These bins should be placed at curbside the night before the Monday pickup ONLY. During other days, garbage cans and bins should be kept out of the public view by being stored in your garage or shed.
- Toilets and other water apparatus in the buildings shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed nor shall any sweepings, rubbish, rags or any other article be thrown into the water closets. The cost of repairing the damage resulting from misuse shall be paid for by the Shareholder or Lessee whose unit caused the damage.
- One pet shall be permitted to be housed per unit within Baldwin Estates. This may include one small dog (weight 25 pounds or under when fully grown). The Board of Directors must inspect the dog prior to anyone occupying the unit. Dogs must be leashed and shall not be permitted to run loose or to defecate or urinate on any common area of the complex. Dogs should never be walked through our backyards or on our grass but instead walked at the curbs outside of the complex. The above statement includes areas owned by our neighbors on Haig Street and Pershing Boulevard. Dog owners should pick up after their dog and shall dispose of such waste in a proper receptacle and not down a storm drain. A limit of one cat per unit is permitted at Baldwin Estates. Cats also shall not be permitted to run loose to roam the common areas. Birds and any other pets or animals shall not be fed from window sills or terraces of the building or any other portion of the property other than within the units.
- No radio or television aerial, antenna or satellite dish shall be attached to or hung from the exterior of the building without the prior written approval of the Board of Directors or the managing agent, Total Community Management.
- The Board of Directors shall have the right to curtail or relocate any space devoted to storage.
- The Shareholder or Lessee shall keep the windows, vinyl siding and garage door of the unit clean. In case of refusal or neglect to clean the windows, vinyl siding or garage door, within ten (10) days after notice in writing from the Board of Directors or the managing agent, Total Community Management, to Shareholder or Lessee to clean the windows, vinyl siding or garage door, such cleaning may be done by Total Community Management and then charge the Shareholder or Lessor for the cost of such cleaning.
- All complaints regarding the service of the building and the surrounding property shall be made by telephoning 516-826-9700 extension 273 or by writing to the managing agent, Total Community Management Corp., 2375 Bedford Avenue, Bellmore, New York, 11710.
- The managing agent, Total Community Management, or the Board of Directors, and any contractor or workman authorized by the Board of Directors, may enter the unit at any reasonable hour of the day for the purpose of inspecting such unit to ascertain a building defect or to determine whether measures must be taken to control or exterminate termites, vermin, insects or other pests and for the purpose of taking such measures as may be necessary with the consent of the Shareholder or Lessee. If, however, the Board of Directors takes measures to control or exterminate carpet beetles, the cost to do the work shall be borne by the Shareholder or Lessee.
- No laundry, wash, or any other article shall be hung anywhere outside of a unit including the second floor decks.
- No Shareholder or Lessee shall install any temporary or permanent lights or lighting system outside of a unit without the prior written approval of the Board of Directors.
- No fires (outdoor fire places, tiki torches, outdoor heaters) shall be permitted in any portion of the property owned by Baldwin Estates Owners Corp. Barbeques shall not be permitted adjacent to the buildings vinyl siding, which could become a fire hazard.
- Personal property may not be stored on any portion of the property owned by the Baldwin Estates Owners Corp. that is outside of the units except as provided by the Board of Directors. In addition, no vehicle(s) belonging to a Shareholder or Lessee or to a member of the family or guest shall be used for storage purposes of any kind.
- Commercial license plate vehicles or boats may not be parked on any portion of the property overnight without the prior written consent of the Board of Directors or the managing agent, Total Community Management. Anyone using such vehicle as his or her primary means of transportation must park outside of the complex to avoid the towing of such vehicle.
- No Shareholder or Lessee shall construct or install, either temporarily or permanently, any improvement on or in any manner alter or remove any of the property owned by Baldwin Estates Owners Corp. that is outside of the units, including plantings, trees and other vegetation, without the prior written approval of the Board of Directors or the managing agent, Total Community Management.
- The thermostat in all units must be kept at a minimum of 50 degrees Fahrenheit during the period October 1 through April 30 to avoid damage to the plumbing system.
- Parking is prohibited in any area other than those designated by the Board of Directors and no vehicle may be parked in any manner which would impede or prevent getting into or out of a parking space. Vehicles will not be permitted to park in the roadways or to piggyback park in any assigned spot and stick out in the roadways to allow access by emergency vehicles. One-bedroom units will have reserved parking spaces marked with their unit numbers. Parking spaces marked "Visitor" should be utilized for visitor’s vehicles and may only park in that spot for 48 hours. No unregistered or uninsured vehicles shall be permitted on the premises. All illegally parked vehicles, which include those in the roadways, will be towed away at the owner's expense.
- No construction, repair work, home improvement, or any other installation work shall be permitted in any unit without prior written approval from the Board of Directors. Plans for such work must be submitted in writing to Total Community Management, managing agent, for approval prior to the commencement of the work.
- All shareholders shall familiarize themselves with Baldwin Estates' sales and sublet procedures and shall notify Total Community Management, managing agent, as soon as they wish to sell their shares or sublet their units. This notification to Total Community Management will assist the shareholder in expediting the sale and/or sublet. Total Community Management will advise the shareholder of all documents needed. No sale or subleasing may take place without prior Board approval. To solicit such approval, all documents must be submitted to TCM approximately one month prior to closing or proposed occupancy.
- No nails or screws or other hardware items are to be driven into any portion of the buildings vinyl siding without the approval of the Board of Directors or the managing agent, Total Community Management. There will be no exception to this rule. Damage caused by non-compliance will result in a fine and a bill-back for the cost to repair the siding.
- Any shareholder who observes another shareholder in violation of the House Rules or By-laws should report the violation to TCM via the website or in writing a letter. TCM will then inform the Board of Directors who will decide on a course of action. No shareholder should approach a Board member directly. TCM can handle most situations immediately, whereas the Board meets once a month. All shareholders are expected to adhere to said House Rules as part of their purchase or lease agreements. Failure to do so will result in a progressive series of penalties. The first violation will result in a warning and/or fine of $100.00 being levied on the shareholders account. The second violation will result in a fine of $150.00. A third or greater violation will result in loss of pool and recreational privileges. Violations of House Rules can only be enforced if reported directly to TCM via email or in writing with specifics. Therefore, it is not only each shareholder’s obligation to adhere to the rules, but it is their responsibility to report any violations so the rules may be implement.
- Any Shareholder that is in arrears with their maintenance fee or any violation applied on their maintenance statement will lose the right to utilize the swimming pool, Vegetable garden and no Home improvements can be made until the account is brought up to date.
- Any consent or approval given under the above House Rules by the Board of Directors shall be revocable at any time.
- The above House Rules may be added to, amended or repealed at any time by resolution of the Board of Directors.
Revised March 2018
Baldwin Estates - Total Community Management
2355 Pershing Blvd., Baldwin, NY 11510
Phone: (516) 826-9700
Copyright 2005-2018 Total Community Management. All Rights Reserved.